Yay! You’re getting married! Now, let’s get started planning your big day!
As a couple you will want to start with your budget and guest count! Both are very important elements to booking your venue!
If you are planning to hire a wedding planner they can help you through the process and make you life so much easier. So, yes, book a planner first! They often will know more about the venue and will be able to give you all the hidden information that being behind the scenes makes you privy to.
There are so many venues to choose from however, there are just as many items to consider before you sign a contract .
- Guest count
- The date!
- Style of wedding. Are you looking for a barn or a ballroom?
- Ceremony inside or out
- Is there a back up plan for rain?
- Plated dinner or buffet style?
- Can you use your own catering or do you have to use venues?
- Consider location if you have out of town guests. Is there a hotel close by?
- And the list goes on!
Do your research. Look at reviews. Take a tour of your top three before you decide.
This tour should be the couple and a planner if you have one. Keeping it to the two of you will help you make a decision with out too many options. Trust yourself if it feels like the one and the boxes all check them fall in love and book it!